The dental crown in Tijuana Mexico is an artificial cover made in the laboratory that serves to cover a tooth. It is a tooth-shaped coating that goes over the original tooth. They are fixed with special cement and glues for dentists and are fitted just above the gum line, covering it completely. When well designed they resemble the tooth without being possible to perceive that it is an artificial cover. Dental crowns are also called fixed prostheses because only the dentist in the clinic can remove them because they are definitely fixed.
WHY DO THE TOOTH CROWNS SERVE?
• Improving the appearance of the smile can be improved in both the shape and the tone chosen.
• The color can be changed to the tone the person wants. In cases of yellow teeth, the covers can be made in the chosen tone, making them lighter and whiter.
• • With dental crowns, it is possible to correct the imperfections of one or several teeth. If these are misaligned, the crowns with the correct angle can be placed evenly on the dental arch.
• Protect weak teeth, devitalized teeth, fractured teeth or with old and bad-looking restorations.
• Adapt to the implant and as a complement to a dental implant. They can be screwed or cemented into the titanium structure. In the immediate loading protocols, they are adopted as an immediate prosthesis.
TYPES OF DENTAL CROWNS
• Temporary: can be produced in stainless or acrylic surgical steel and filled with cement. They are available in clinics in various models and shapes and apply immediately.
• Permanent: they are of pure ceramics or zirconium and still the structure or “coping” can be done in metal and later completely covered with ceramics.
• Stainless steel crowns: are indicated for a temporary period and are generally used in pediatric dentistry.
• Pure ceramic crowns (metal free): These ceramics have a beautiful translucent tone, very close to the natural color. For this reason, they are advised for visible teeth and ahead, or in cases where esthetics is very important.
• Ceramic metal crowns; The inner structure is made of metal or alloys of iron, palladium, nickel or chromium. Ceramics are subsequently covered. These metal structures are very resistant to masticatory force.
• Acrylic resin crowns: May be used temporarily or permanently. They are much more financially and aesthetically beautiful.